Playing PS4 on PC is possible (even on Mac, by the way). For this, no need to go through the emulation of the console but by several possible options: the remote play in particular, but also the PS Now… but not only! Here are all the tricks to play the Playstation console on your computer
Play PS4 Games on PC using Remote Play
Indeed, according to official reports, the Japanese company would have come close to simply deleting the remote play as there were few users!
After having removed the Communities from the Playstation, the Remote Play was very close to being removed since less than 2 million players would have tried it. In percentage, this represents less than 2% of PS4 owners in total…
If these figures are discussed by fans who feel that they are much more interested than the data indicates, it is clear that not everyone knows how remote reading works. So here is an ultra simple tutorial to follow!
To play PS4 games on PC:
- From your PS4, go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings > Enable Remote Play.
- Then, in Settings > Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PS4.
- Finally, in Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode, then select “Stay Connected to the Internet” and “Enable Turning On PS4 From Network.”
Then go to your computer, and you follow the coming steps to pair the PS4 with your PC:
- Download the PS4 Remote Play software for Windows or MAC.
- Turn on your console or leave it in idle mode, then go to Software Settings> Remote Play Connection Settings.
- Connect your DualShock 4 controller to your PC via the USB cable.
- Launch the software, and click on Start. Then just connect to your PSN account and you’re done!
Note that the Remote Play is available on PC, Mac and mobile Android and iOS
Play PS4 on PC via PS Now
It’s not free since the service is paid, but it has the merit to be 100% functional!
PS Now, not to be confused with PS+ which has nothing to do with it, allows you to play historical games on different supports.
Games from the PS4, the PS3 or the PS Vita, the catalog is large! Here is how to subscribe and enjoy it:
- Go to the official PS Now website, and log in to your Playstation Network account.
- Subscribe to PS Now by paying by card or by crediting your account. 7 days are offered as a free trial and you can of course cancel before the first billing!
- After subscribing, you are invited to install the PS Now software on your PC.
- Install it, and thanks to your PSN account everything will be functional in one go!
The list of compatible games is not exhaustive but includes more than enough titles to keep you entertained!
Price: playing free PS4 games on PC doesn’t exist… The price is indeed $9.99 per month, $24.99 every three months, or $59.99 per year.
Jeux PS4 sur PC Steam : God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding…
Last method to play PS4 games on PC is via Steam or Epic Games Store. Sony, for some time now, has decided to publish its exclusives on new platforms in order to reach new customers…
The first names to go through this initiative are Horizon Zero Dawn or Death Stranding, but very soon, all the games of Playstation Studios will make a turn on PC too. For this to happen, nothing could be simpler than going to your favorite platform and buying the game directly.
Everything is PC compatible (keyboard, mouse) and you will be able to play with more advanced graphic settings than on original consoles.